Freedom from Your Hurts, Habits and Hang-ups
Join us every Friday night at the Fairway Campus
- 7 pm for the Large Group Meeting (Celebration, testimonies and teaching)
- 8 pm for the Small Group Meetings (Men’s and Women’s sharing groups)
- 9 pm for the Heart Rock Café (Coffee, snacks and friendship)
Childcare is provided through age 11.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CR is the best place to be on Friday night.
The purpose of Celebrate Recovery at Horizon Community Church is to fellowship and to celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through eight recovery principles and the Christ-centered 12 Steps. This experience allows us to be changed. We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our life problems.
By working the steps and applying their Biblical principles, we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others. As we progress through the principles we discover our personal, loving, and forgiving Higher Power—Jesus Christ.
Celebrate Recovery is:
- A safe place to share.
- A refuge.
- A place of belonging.
- A place to care for others and be cared for.
- Where respect is given to each member.
- Where confidentiality is highly regarded.
- A place to learn.
- A place to demonstrate genuine love.
- A place to grow and become strong again.
- A place for progress.
- Where you can take off your mask and allow others to know who you are.
- A place for healthy challenges and healthy risks.
- A possible turning point in your life.
Celebrate Recovery is not:
- A place for selfish control.
- A place for secrets.
- A place to look for dating relationships.
- A place to rescue or be rescued by others.
- A place for perfection.
- A long-term commitment.
- A place to judge others.
- A quick fix.
Celebrate Recovery beyond Horizon
Celebrate Recovery at Horizon is part of an international movement to bring Christ-centered Bible based recovery to the world. The Celebrate Recovery® name is a registered trademark. The characteristics of an authentic Celebrate Recovery® Ministry are:
- Jesus Christ is the one and only Higher Power. The program is Christ-centered program.
- The Celebrate Recovery curriculum is used exclusively (the Leader’s Guide and the four Participants Guides, and the Bible). The Large Group lessons are taught from the Leader’s Guide, keeping at least the acrostic and the scriptures as the key points in the lessons. This is to keep consistency within groups, while allowing creativity for the teachers.
- The ministry is “group based.” All groups are gender specific and use the group guidelines and format.
- The Celebrate Recovery “Five Small Group Guidelines” are implemented and followed.
- Accountability to Christ, the local church, and Celebrate Recovery at Saddleback Church.